What does this policy cover?
This policy sets out how we manage your data which we collect during various interactions with you. In addition it describes your data protection rights.
As a company, we are committed to handling the information you entrust to us in a secure and responsible manner. This policy relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you via any form of contact including email, telephone calls, by post or in person.
G4gardens Ltd is the Data Controller and Processor of any personal information you provide to us. The information you supply will be used to arrange quotations, visit the relevant premises, process work instructions, apply for authorisation to work on trees subject to preservation orders, to contact you to discuss dates and times or amendments to instructions and lastly to produce, send and process invoices.
What information do we collect?
We collect information you provide to us such as your name, address, work location if that is the relevant address for our tasking, e mail address, phone numbers and invoicing details.
We may also collect data where you have consented for other organisations to lawfully share data with us, for example where a work order is generated by a company or organisation with whom you have a relationship in terms of the property occupied or worked on by us.
If you apply for a position with us we will retain information you have supplied.
We may retain information you have posted on social media concerning us.
We do not retain your banking details once any invoice has been settled
Who do we share data with?
Occasionally G4gardens Ltd may provide limited data to third parties. These may include:
- Local planning authorities in order to process applications
- Payment services, such as Paypal etc. if that is the chosen method of payment
- Any law enforcement or other government body if lawfully requested and where legally obliged to do so
- Any company or organisation having a direct interest or relationship with you or the premises we are tasked to work on.
We will never share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
How do we use your information?
We use the information we collect for the following:
- To enable us to provide you with initially the quotation and later the services you have requested, this being under a contract with you once terms are agreed
- To assess your qualifications, experience and to determine your suitability for advertised positions
- To allow us to maintain our statutory records to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations and pay our taxes;
- To update you on our work and keep you informed
- Occasionally we may e mail you to advise on seasonal tree or garden maintenance requirements
- To reply to any questions, complaints or queries.
Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for the processing of your data relates to the information provided and the context in which it was collected.
We will only use your information where the following applies:
- Where you have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose, this would include payment information
- Where the processing is necessary for a contract you have with us, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- Where the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law
- Where the processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
Your rights concerning us managing your information
You can access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information at any time by contacting us.
Please note we cannot delete address information that is attached to invoices as financial information must be held for 7 years for tax purposes.
You can request that we restrict processing of your personal information, object to processing of your information or request portability of your personal information.
For these requests please email us at email@example.com or telephone 01737 211345. We will comply with your request where your rights have been exercised in accordance with applicable laws.
If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time.
Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you have any worries or complaints about the way we use your information, please get in touch with us. We’ll do our best to set your mind at ease. And if you feel we’re not meeting the high standards we expect of ourselves, you’re within your rights to tell the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
How long will we keep your information?
We only hold on to your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes for which we collected it.
So that we can support your future interaction with us, some data might be retained for a short period after your last interaction with us. After that we will either delete it or anonymise it.
Security of your information
We regularly review and update our data handling procedures and ensure that appropriate technical security measures are in place to safeguard your information.
We securely dispose of any hardcopy personal information in accordance with industry best practice.
Updates to this policy
We may need to update this policy from to time to time. Whenever we make changes to this policy we will endeavour to contact you in advance by your registered email address. If we do not hold email details for you, please look out for the notices on our websites and materials which indicate we have changed this policy. If you continue to share information with us or use our websites after we’ve changed our policy, we’ll take it that you accept the changes.